Four steps of preparing an application, special for PL/SQL transactional database API.
Validate program requirements
- ask lots of questions
- what users ask for is not always the easiest way to solve a problem
- consider other approaches, include business processes and programming algorithms
Implement header of the program
- good name for the program, accurately represent the purpose of the program
- inputs and outputs
- overload sub-procedure ?
Define the test cases
- Verify it works
- how will I know when I am done with this program
Build test code
Testing for correctness:
- Have you tested with good and all the different possibilities of bad data
- Does the code do the right thing, ... and nothing more.